For today’s post, I did a bit more styling than in my last posts. Mesh is making us lazy as it is not as easy to layer up though some great pieces like this Celoe corset are perfect to wear aswell as a very sexy single top or with a blouse under it for a wiser effect.
One of my fun with pictures is to enhance them and to play with photoshop to add depth. Strawberry Singh is inviting us to share some of our secrets in one of her last articles. I have learned taking pictures and editing them mainly through tutorials made by others bloggers. I can hardly give any secrets as I actualy don’t have any but trusting my own eye.
So here are some of the things i do with my pictures:
1. Use good windlight settings. It is easier to edit a picture which is already good than make something pretty with an ugly lighting. You can download the new WL setting I have used for these pictures. It is a bit pinkish.
2. Use a pose which works fine with the outfit, complements it, ads expressivity.
3. Basics things like high resolution png files are always a good start as the simple fact of reducing the picture later removes a lot of imperfections. I also use anti-aliasing as high as i can without crashing. Some don’t bother about that, I do as I don’t blur the pictures most of the time. It irks me when I see the jagged edges while working on photoshop.
4. Next step is to clean the picture using a photo edition application: remove the black lines, liquify the bad angles, smudge, clone stamp the holes.
5. I enhance the shadows from Second Life with dodge and burn. I basicly emphasize the light and dark parts.
6. I am playing with the colors: curves, vibrance, contrast, saturation. While doing that, try to preserve the details.
7. I add a layer an overlayed gray layer with a default render light filter. I play with the intensity so it adds to the shadows, giving even more depth.
8. Each picture is different. I have some settings I can apply directly with some windlight settings but it is not a guarantee it is going to look nice as each color reacts differently. Each pictures receives a different treatment, with different values.
9. Crop, searching for better framing. Rule of thirds is your friend.
As a conclusion, it is only through practice that you can learn. Nothing replaces your eye for what is good or not. You may learn technical tricks but your pictures will only be valuable if you develop your own style and your own edition settings through time, adding a personnal touch. Try new things, play. Sometimes the result is not what you would like but maybe next time, you will be able to fine tune the settings to get the right colors, the right lighting. Practice, practice, practice !
Skin: *League* Jen Medium Feline
Eyes: IKON ‘Sunrise’ Eyes – Light Sand (M)
Hair: ::Exile:: In The Meantime:Fawn
Eyelashes: Slink Mesh Lashes
Shirt: Izzie’s – Bow Tie Blouse white
Tighs: Shiny Things Solid thigh-highs – teal
Earrings: Paper Couture P.C; Tulle Wrapped Earring
Bangles: Zaara : Pallav clear bracelets
Ring: Zaara : Raga oyster ring *pearl*
Nails: Leverocci – Round Nails_1FA_RosyManicure
Hat: LaGyo_Bow hat baja blue